Zach Gautier oversees academic and college counseling at a Denver-area high school. He reached out to us, and proposed a show to share creative ways to fund college tuition—and blew us away with the depth of his knowledge!
This episode is for anyone who has children who have not yet graduated from college. And if you know someone else who can benefit from this information, please share it with them, too!
This show includes tips that apply to kids of every age, from elementary school to middle school to high school students.
We cover multiple ways to reduce higher education costs, such as transfer credits, AP courses, and CLEP tests, along with early college programs and dual credit options.
We also discuss work-based scholarships and military options, as well as preparation for high school that starts in grade school.
Zach shares his advice on taking the ACTs or SATs and also ways to decide which one to take (and whether to retake if you get a low score).
This episode can help shave tens of thousands of dollars off your child’s college expenses!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
Almost none of us have the time to read everything we’d like to read. Yet we lose countless hours to activities that bring us little joy such as commuting, chores and staring at our phones. What if we could turn these little blocks of unallocated time into precious and rewarding moments for learning and reflection? Founded in 2012 by four friends, Blinkist now connects 6-million readers worldwide to the biggest ideas from bestselling nonfiction via 15-minute audio and text.
Blinkist has a special offer for YOU. It’s a FREE 7 day trial — just go to Blinkist.com/biggerpockets
Roofstock helps investors buy and own remotely by connecting you with vetted local property managers. Buy a leased single-family rental property for a little as $20K down. Roofstock’s innovative marketplace and concierge service eliminate the traditional hassles of real estate investing.
Signup for free account here: roofstock.com/bpmoney
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Zach paid for college
- The CLEP test
- Systematic approach to transform college options
- The best financial choices that somebody can make
- Interventions that are very effective for your child to learn and figure out their love for school
- On helicopter parenting
- Things parents need to do when their children are pre-high school and high school age to save for college
- 529 plans as the biggest avenue that needs to be considered
- Brandon Turner’s approach for his child college education
- 3 ways to fund college
- Dual credit program
- How much does SAT and ACT prep cost
- How to apply scholarships
- Two college batches when it comes their application review process
- His perspective on brand name college
- Things that people should be looking for in a school
- Ways to save money on college application process
- Other avenues to approach prior to entering college to get excess funding
- What is a loan and a grant
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “If you’re not even able to understand the problem, you’re never gonna be able to conquer it.” (Tweet This!)
- “Every decision that you make, opens or closes doors.” (Tweet This!)
- “Use the workplace as an avenue to be able to access more money.” (Tweet This!)