Today’s guest grew up poor, living in a cabin without power or running water. But now he controls millions of dollars in real estate, owns several companies, and leads one of the country’s top-producing sales teams.
How did Ben Kinney pull that off?
The story involves, of course, hard work and tenacity. It involves a book that shifted his mindset at just the right time. And most importantly, it involves teamwork.
In this episode, Ben lays out the hiring process he used to build a real estate agent business. He talks about how he got used to rejection working as a “cable guy” and shares how YOU can find an off-market deal and start house hacking—without a lot of money out of pocket.
Ben also details the seven goals that influenced his every decision and the three things every leader should do when growing his or her business. (Hint: “inspect what you expect.”)
In the “Deal Deep Dive” segment, Ben tells us how he was able to buy a company for a hefty price by controlling the terms of the deal.
He’s a big-picture guy, who will challenge you to think differently about real estate and business. If you feel held back by tasks you don’t enjoy, listen to this show for practical tips on how to delegate more effectively.
Today’s episode will inspire you and help you invest more efficiently, so you can do what you love and watch your wealth grow.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Roofstock is the #1 marketplace for buying and selling leased, single-family rental homes. Their marketplace of tenant-occupied rental properties makes it easy to invest in cash flowing properties across the U.S. and start earning cash flow day one. They even connect you with vetted local property managers, so you can invest and own remotely with confidence.
To sign up for a free account and start browsing cash flowing rental homes, visit roofstock.com/biggerpockets.
Deep Dive Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
If you go to SimpliSafe.com/biggerpockets you’ll get 25% off any new system. That’s an amazing deal.
They rarely do anything like this but they’re doing it just for us!
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
In This Episode We Cover:
- The amazing story behind how Ben got started selling homes
- Being recession proof
- Why he builds and buys businesses
- Using synergy to grow his RE empire
- What he looks for in a deal
- Why he likes to buy and hold instead of flip
- How big businessmen save on taxes
- What is the income triangle and how to flip it
- Finding great leaders as partners or employees
- Building an ecosystem to help find him deals
- Questions he asks new hires or partners to determine if they are the right ones
- The story about how he spent six days to find ONE hire
- Working only do things he enjoys
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “I hate when people call me an entrepreneur and the reason is because 98% so-called entrepreneurs fail.” (Tweet This!)
- “Systems make the ordinary become extraordinary.” (Tweet This!)
- “People complicate things to justify their inactions.” (Tweet This!)
- “You can’t be chasing money because money runs too fast.” (Tweet This!)
- “Hire the things you don’t enjoy.” (Tweet This!)