Paula Pant has seen it all and learned a thing or two… thousand. Today, we sit down and chat with her about, well, everything.
Paula shares her habits, her take on journaling, and her morning routine. We delve into her fascinating backstory with money and her foresight to start investing in herself right out of college—when she was only making $21,000/year!
Paula hasn’t stopped since, and her choices have allowed her to lead a pretty spectacular life. For one thing, she discovered freelancing, and learned that it’s possible to generate income outside a W-2 position. Freelancing led to entrepreneurship in the form of a marketing agency, which led to a six-figure income.
But true happiness came when she stepped back from the agency to focus full time on her passion, her website, which she dubbed AffordAnything.com.
No topic is off limits in this candid chat with Paula. We even talk about her now-famous podcast episode where her guest, personal finance guru Suze Orman, had a lot of (not so great) things to say about the FIRE movement.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
If you’ve been thinking about getting a SimpliSafe – Home Security System, but have been
waiting for the holidays when all the tech deals come out—you’ve made a smart move! If you go to SimpliSafe.com/bpmoney you’ll get 25% off any new system. That’s an amazing deal.
They rarely do anything like this but they’re doing it just for us!
The all-new FreshBooks is accounting software that makes running your small business easy, fast and secure. Spend less time on accounting and more time doing the work you love. For a 30-day unrestricted trial, go to FreshBooks.com/bpmoney
In This Episode We Cover:
- The first thing she does to start her morning
- The notion of habit stacking
- Her stream of consciousness journal and gratitude journal
- Her approach to writing blog posts
- How habits impacted her success
- What productivity really is
- What fake frugality is
- How much your time is worth
- On outsourcing time
- Paula’s background story
- How she discovered freelance
- The power of self-employment
- On living with roommates until she was 31—with a net worth of over $1 million dollars
- The advantage of freelancing as a writer
- Low lifestyle expenses
- Her six-figure content management business
- Her approach on portfolio design and assets management
- On retirement accounts
- Properties she owns
- What happened after she wound down her content marketing business
- Assessing the reality of the current career track
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “Don’t be busy, be productive.” (Tweet This!)
- “Frugality is necessary but not sufficient.” (Tweet This!)
- “Scalable income always comes with uncertainty.” (Tweet This!)
- “Often, what you fear is what you manifest and so the fear that there won’t be enough can sometimes lead you to making decisions that inhibit you to grow thereby resulting in less.” (Tweet This!)