Incredible show alert! You don’t want to miss this one: Brandon and David sit down with bestselling author Cal Newport (who wrote So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love, Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World, and so on) to discuss just what makes high performers different than the rest.
Cal shares incredible insight based on his research as a professor at Georgetown University, including how boredom can serve a very useful purpose, how to improve your focus to master your craft, and how building “career capital” can open doors to the life you’ve always wanted.
Cal also shares life-changing advice on how starting the day in “monk mode” can supercharge your productivity, how to set better expectations with team members, and how to rebuild your digital life in 30 days.
This episode is so good you’ll feel guilty you didn’t have to pay. Download it today!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Fundrise enables you to invest in high-quality, high-potential private market real estate projects. I’m talking anything from high rises in D.C. to multi-families in L.A. — institutional-quality stuff. And each project is carefully vetted and actively managed by Fundrise’s team of real estate pros.
Their high-tech, low-cost online platform lets you track the progress of every single project, and keep more of the money you make. Oh, and by the way, you don’t have to be accredited.
Visit Fundrise.com/biggerpockets to have your first 3 months of fees waived.
Deep Dive Sponsor
Enjoy all the benefits of Real Estate Investing without all the headache! Rent to Retirement is your partner in achieving financial freedom & long term wealth! Retire on your terms & timeline by investing in passive income properties!
Learn more by visiting renttoretirement.com or call 307 421 4049
Fire Round Sponsor
Lock in your credit today by visiting their site: cbre.com
In This Episode We Cover:
- Cal’s story
- Improve your focus and remove distractions to increase productivity
- How to combine “deep work” with “shallow work” to stay mentally energized
- Building career capital you can then invest to build a better life
- What successful people do that unsuccessful people don’t
- How to set better expectations with team members
- How to start your day in “monk mode” and be insanely productive
- How to give your hours a job and make time work for you
- How to use boredom to recharge and motivate you
- His thoughts on social media and how it can rob you of time
- Taking the information you’re learning and letting it sink in
- Detox and rebuild your digital life in 30 days
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “Accessibility is not as important as we think.” (Tweet This!)
- “Time alone with our own thoughts is crucial.” (Tweet This!)